Tuesday, February 4, 2014

So many projects...

Hello all,

You probably don't know this, but I'm a bit of a geek. My husband helped me build a computer so it can handle modern games. I love old cartoons and role-playing games. I play Magic: the Gathering 2014 almost obsessively (on Steam). With this in mind, there are a few projects I need to make before I put anything else up in the shop (once I finish my current project, which is for the shop).

Recently I played a game called "Broken Age." You may have heard of it; it's the one that raised $3million on Kickstarter just for the virtue of being created by DoubleFine. In that game, you play from two perspectives: a girl in a village and a boy on a spaceship. Imagine my surprise when I played the boy's story and found tons of yarn!  Even the star charts are knitted. So I saw this little guy:


Isn't he adorable?  
I don't know what they're called, but they're made entirely out of yarn. I'm going to make the blue one.


My friend asked for an amigurumi of Oblina from "Aaaah! Real Monsters!
The picture is from DeviantArt. Challenge accepted.




Another friend of mine asked for a Zelda-themed iPad case. I'm making it black and putting the Triforce on it: 


Finally, my husband saw some fingerless gloves I made for a coworker's husband and wanted some too. I don't have a picture of them, but they were awesome. Ribbed at the bottom, nice and long, thick grey yarn. 

I'm posting these here because they've been in my personal queue for a while and I can't wait to share the finished products with everyone!

Until next time,

Amy Latta

No comments:

Post a Comment